Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Abby Update!

Abby's foster mom writes: "Abby woke up like a trooper today. She's not as afraid of my outside steps and goes up and down willingly. She follows Bingo (my pointer mix) even though he's terribly jealous. But for moments at a time he forgets that he would like her to fall into a 40' hole and he plays with her. He even wags his tail when I'm not looking.
Abby is still afraid of the house noises. She started shaking when the dryer buzzer went off and my dishwasher scared her to death. But she is coming around.
She follows me from room to room if no other animal bars her way. She is incredibly affectionate. We started working on her name as she doesn't respond. She is completely housebroken and not even remotely destructive. She finally laid down.
When she runs, she is gorgeous - and very quick. She is still more interested in my kitten than I would prefer, but she is very respectful of my cats. She's afraid when they pet her (my cats are 22, 20 and 16 pounds); perhaps that's why she fixates on the kitten who just keeps flying through the house. I started not to crate her last night, but she was chasing the kitten, so I did.
I brushed her and got the mats out of her ear. She is unsure about being combed, but has tolerance to let me try what I want.
She's a terrible puller; but we'll work on that after she learns her name."
arleen

No comments: